This popular aquaponic production system is robust, productive, easy to operate and designed using state of the art techniques and equipment that are currently being used in larger commercial aquaculture and aquaponic production systems around the world. We feel this is the perfect model for teachers to utilize to get students acquainted with aquaponics and with the most current methods used in the industry. Grow a wide variety of crops from lettuces, herbs, and other delicious greens to Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peppers, Eggplant, Okra and just about any other crop you wish to grow. We have tested HUNDREDS of varieties (see gallery) successfully in these systems and the only thing we can’t grow are large root/tuber crops as this system is based on Deep Water Culture methods and the water does not provide enough pressure to give proper root formation. Do you really want root crops too? No problem! We have listed “How to” information that is included in the startup manual so your possibilities are endless!
Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery from time of purchase
What is included?
- 1 x 400 gal fish tank with Acrylic viewing window
- 3 x 4’ x 8’ x 1’ deep DWC Raft Beds
- 1 x Primary solids filter w/ welded stand
- 1 x Polishing filter w/ welded stand
- 1 x Biofilter w/ welded stand
- 1 x Sump tank
- 1 x Quiet, Energy efficient water pump
- 2 x Quiet, Energy efficient Air pumps
- 3 x 4’ x 8’ x 1.5” Polystyrene rafts
- Net cups
- Starter rockwool plugs
- Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH test kits for initial cycling
- All fittings, plumbing, airstones and airline
- Short Instructional video showing how to construct the system properly
- Short tutorial on how to start and operate the system
- Startup phone support
Additional Options that can be purchased:
- Koi Fish- 150-250, 1”-3” decorative koi $250
- Fish Feed- 50lbs, high protein feed $60
- “Ryan’s Favorites” starter seed package- a wide variety of Ryan’s favorite seeds to trial in your new Aquaponic System- $120
- Yearly Buffer Package- $200 (calcium, Potassium and Iron)
- Continuous pH monitor and buffer dosing system- Keeps Ph precise and auto doses buffers- $250
- Lighting Packages- Contact us for pricing as it will vary depending on the layout and available light
- Installation – We can provide this for $1600 plus travel. Contact us for more information.
What is not included in the base price that you need to provide?
- Materials for tank and grow bed stands
- Fish Feed
- Buffers – Iron, Cal and K – I will list what I suggest you use but there are many options
- Power source